Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Henry: 6 Months

Henry turned 6 months old yesterday.

I took him in for his 6 month check up and, as usual, he is perfectly healthy. He's in the 50th percentile for his weight and head circumference and the 75th for height. I swear he grows any time he sleeps. He also got one vaccine yesterday, which he took like a champ. By the time we were in the lobby, not more than five minutes after the shot, he was calm and smiling at the receptionist. Its too bad that we have to go back in a week to get the rest of his vaccines but I'm sure Henry will do just fine then too.

Over the last month Henry has hit a lot of milestones. He's rolling from back to front and front to back. He's gotten on all fours, albeit only for a second. Henry now spends most of his play time sitting up while playing with his toys. At night, he sleeps for at least 10 hours. When he's awake, he's almost always "talking", making all sorts of noises. The biggest thing, though, is the fact the he's moved on to solid foods.



About a week ago, he had his first taste of oatmeal (which was recommended over rice cereal by his doctor). Since then he's had about a tablespoon of oatmeal every day and has gotten the hang of eating from the spoon. Yesterday, for his half birthday, we introduced him to pears. He loves them (who wouldn't, pears are awesome). He ate all I had thawed and was acting like he wanted more. Perhaps tomorrow I'll thaw two cubes instead of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment