Friday, July 13, 2012

Halfway there

Well, I'm 21 weeks along, about halfway through my pregnancy.The past five weeks have involved me finishing spring quarter, doing lots of prep for Lawrence and my upcoming wedding, me starting summer quarter and generally just living life. Several weeks ago my dad decided to call the baby Poptart until it got a name and it stuck. I've decided that the next one is going to be called jelly bean but that's a couple years off.

The weather is finally getting warmer here in the PNW so I have to take special care to keep hydrated and cool. I'm also finding I might need more maternity close since I only have two pairs of capris. School has also been interesting. I announced my pregnancy during introductions on the first day of classes and have had something to talk to my classmates about which is nice (I guess).

Right around 18 weeks, Poptart let its presence be known and I began to feel it move. Since then, I've felt Poptart kicking me at least once a day (mostly in the evenings) and now Poptart is active after breakfast and dinner. Poptart is especially active when its daddy pays it some attention. Lawrence and I will lay in bed and he'll talk to Poptart while Poptart kicks me. Soon, Lawrence will be able to feel Poptart kick.

You may have noticed that 1. it's past July 9th and 2. I have not mentioned Poptart's sex. Well, we went in for our anatomy ultrasound as planned. Baby has all it's parts in all the right places and all the right size. Baby was just stubborn and wouldn't give us a good look between its legs. Luckily, baby also didn't give us a good profile look either so my midwife ordered another ultrasound for next month. Let's hope that Poptart will cooperate this next time.

We were sent home with pictures of our little alien though.



No comments:

Post a Comment