Thursday, April 12, 2012

Holy Crap!

Three weeks ago, Lawrence, my fiance, turned to me as we were driving to the store and said, "I'm pretty sure you're pregnant. We should get a test."

I had spent the previous week debating whether I was just late or going to go the entire month of March without a period. Lawrence and I discussed it several times. Even the day before his proclamation, Lawrence was convinced that we should wait a little longer to get a pregnancy test.

Back home, the pregnancy test purchased, I went to the bathroom to pee on a stick. Even before I washed my hands, the line in the "pregnant" window was beginning to appear. Two minutes later, I called Lawrence into our room so we could look at the test together. With a big grin on my face, I handed him the test. We were pregnant! Parents were called, roommates were told and Lawrence and I settled in to deal with this happy and life changing news.

Since then, I've been to my first prenatal appointment with a registered nurse. According to estimations based on my not so accurate data, I am 8 weeks along with a due date of November 21st. Right now, the fetus (which is not only medically accurate but also what we've been affectionately calling it) is the size of a kidney bean and just developing webbed hangs and feet. I've had the joy of being nauseated at least once a day (if not more) and have certainly felt fatigued. All in all though, I'm loving being pregnant (even if I'm still not entirely convinced that I am, in fact, pregnant).

No comments:

Post a Comment